Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Cuppa tea?


My daughter made these delicious scones; we will keep some and send some over to me mum. Although we do bake scones from scratch, these are made from an authentic mix that you can buy at the British Pantry. We all love our tea around here. This teacup used to be my grandmother's; now it it one of my treasures. My mother is a born and bred Englishwoman, and in the early 70s and my siblings and I lived and went to school in England for 3 years. We came to know our grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins. And develop a taste for good tea, Hovis bread, and lots of lovely sweets. Oh, and let's not forget the fish and chips, and the best bacon in the world! I wonder if you have ever heard of beans on toast, which is a delicious breakfast and sometimes quick dinner with a side of yummy bacon. Sounds strange, I know. I just wonder if anyone else in the United States has beans on toast with bacon . . . with a pot of tea, of course.

No comments: