Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A day of frustration AND excitement

Today I am very frustrated.
No, I really didn't smash my keyboard. But I am frustrated.
I am have been playing with some blog skins and messed up my formatting and I cannot figure out how to resize or move my photos. But I have to just let this go. I will move on and not try and change this blog skin 5 times in 20 minutes - that may have had something to do with it.




Today I am also excited. In the past day, I have heard from 2 different branches of the family tree; 2 distant cousins, both descendants of the Trompari family of Finland. Background: My great-grandmother Tilda, who died soon after I was born, emigrated from Finland at the turn of the last century. Riika, who lives in Helsinki, emailed me with some new information about Tilda's family. Riika and I are extremely distant cousins; I can't quite figure it out, but our family connection might be from the 19th century. On the other hand, Riika also helped me contact a stateside cousin who is a granddaughter of one of Tilda's sisters, Sanna. I am storing all this information I get and one day, when I have some time, I will put it all together - it is like an intricate puzzle.

No comments: