Monday, June 16, 2008

True blue flowers are few and far between; I do have a few real blues, though. I don't even know the name of this one. It is a groundcover. It dies back brown in the winter, but comes back early in spring and is covered with these beautiful little blue, star-like flowers, as small as the eraser of a pencil.



Here's my favorite blue flower; I can't say it is my all-time favorite bloom, because I am drawn more towards scent, and lilacs and roses are definite contenders there, but this ranunculus is just so beautiful I could stare at it all day.









Such a little bit of work for such beauty! These were a gift for my birthday last year from a friend. I just stuck the bulbs in the ground last October and up they all popped this spring! And I think they will continue to do so for years.

No comments: